Wednesday, June 13, 2007

You want answers????

Well, we finally got the answers on Anne Marie's test, and her two spleens appear to be working fine, so finally I don't have to go in every night and make sure she's breathing....and the morning anxiety attacks have lessened. The hematologist at Children's hospital still wants to do one more test to confirm that the spleen(s) are not working overtime, but they said they have no reason to suspect it, so we are not too worried at this point. Breathing a little easier on that front helps.

We are still questioning the genetic component of it all, but in general the doctors don't seem to think there is a connection...Mike and I find it strange that of our two biological children (Rachel was adopted by Mike when he married her his ex--her Mom) one didn't have a spleen and the other had two....not really sure where to go with that, but we will probably keep hunting in the future.

I tried not taking Ambien the other night--what a disaster--at 4:00 a.m. we were basically all up (thanks to me) and Mike and I had a long conversation about what might be going on. He astutely pointed out that although I keep claiming to want to go to therapy, I haven't taken any steps to that end. I think he is mostly right, but I am also giving some credit to the fact that I do not seem to be able to make even the simplest decisions right now. Anyway, we have an appointment for tomorrow.....

Things are pretty relaxed at home right now, I really miss Sophie so much..I hate that our mornings and evenings are quieter, less rushed....I'd give anything for her to be pestering me for dinner, bath and bed. So far the hope that his blog would lead to someone else who lost a child to Asplenia or some researcher who knows something hasn't worked, but I'll keep it up because it helps me....

No comments: