Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's Not All About Us

Today's post is dedicated to someone else's tragedy...a family of children who are suffering in an unimaginable way....A family that I don't know personally but can't stop thinking about. Last week one of my sister's employees did not show up for work. Her son, who also works at the pharmacy, did not show up either...this was strange and everyone was worried. In the end, it turned out that Blia, the Mom, had been killed early that morning in a house fire along with her husband. Thankfully none of the kids, who range in age from 9 to 20, were at home at the time. The fire is currently classified as suspicious and it is thought to be a murder/suicide, but that is still under investigation.

These kids have not only lost both their parents, but also everything they owned in this world, clothes, money, identifying documents, books, toys, bedding...everything is gone. In addition to this tragedy, these kids lost a sibling earlier this year to suicide....it has to be almost too much to bear.

I know I don't have any direct connection to these kids, but I want so badly to do something. I am sure they are overwhelmed right now, just sorting out the details, so there probably is nothing that I can do directly. Instead, I've decided to do everything I can to get the word out that these kids are suffering and they need help.

A fund has been established to collect money for the family's expenses. Please contribute if you can, if not, please pass the information along to someone who might....if you go to church, please ask your church members to pray for these children, to help these kids. Also, if you know of any resources for fire victims that would be helpful too.....

To contribute you can send a check made out to:
Denver Water Credit Union
The Lee Family Memorial Fund
PO Box 40035
Denver CO, 80204

I know you all to be amazing and generous and I beg you to help support this family through this crisis!

No comments: