Sunday, July 22, 2007

It had to happen sometime....why this weekend?

Anne Marie got her first fever this weekend, well not her first, but her first since Sophie died. Of couse it had to be the weekend that Mike is out of town. She got up to 102.7, but Renee (my sister) came over and kept me sane. She's the only reason I got any sleep last night. She's had fevers before, of course, but I am nervous. She seems to be doing better now as she is fighting me really hard about going to bed...it's a good sign so I am trying not to be too irritated. The folks on the list serve seem to think that having two spleens means she has polysplenia, the diagnosis was "small accessory spleen", so I'm not sure what, if anything the difference is. Good question for her doctor.

We are still waiting on getting to meet with the ER doctors. We were gone, then they were, so maybe the first week in August. I have been writing down my questions and reviewing her medical records so I can make sure I don't leave any questions unanswered there. We still need to decide what to do about talking to the pulmonologist and the orthopedic doctor, we want to make sure they know that there can be a connection.

I'm still doing pretty good....thanks everyone for so much support...

No comments: