Monday, February 18, 2008

The Owl

OK---for those of you who know me pretty well, this is going to be the post that makes you think I have finally lost it. But, an owl has appeared outside our house. He perches on top of the church across the street every night and every morning and hoots away. I have learned from a book that my Mom gave me (and NO it wasn't a Harry Potter book) that owls bring messages. So I have been trying to figure out the message. I mean we have lived here over 5 years and we've never had an owl before....Now, of course, I realize that there are maybe dozens of people that can hear the owl at night, so I am not sure why I am convinced that she has a message for ME or for US.....maybe it is because I want a message from Sophie so bad. Maybe the fact that she is perched atop a church means Sophie is telling us she is in heaven, and it is alright. I've been thinking maybe it is a message from me to lower the stress level and get in shape so I don't subject Annie and Mike to the horror of losing a loved one again.....that's what I'm going to take it as...a message from Sophie telling me to get my shit together.....I guess it could just mean there a a lot of mice in the neighborhood...but what fun is that. Any thoughts? Please don't tell met that the owl is trying to tell me to go into that church...if that is the message I am pretty sure it is for someone else :O)

1 comment:

rlspharm said...

I think it is a message from Sophia saying she loves you and misses you and that she is ok...